Ramp Control Cartridge
Current-gen Rock Shox Solo-air (32mm and 35mm) and Fox Float forks.
- Adds speed-sensitive ending-stroke control and bottom-out force adjustability to compatible Rock Shox and Fox forks.
- Just 55 g! Lighter than most air-spring assemblies with more than two tokens.
- Isolate and tune bottom-out with minimal changes to initial and mid-stroke.
- Bring your tuning to the trail and out of the workshop!
- Easy installation requires little time and few tools - no lower-leg removal required!
SEE MATRIX AT BOTTOM OF PAGE
RS 35mm Ramp Control Cartridge Model A
...will fit 2013-2016 Pike forks with 15x100 axle spacing and 2010 and newer Boxxer World Cup (air-sprung) forks. Solo air models only. Recommended for 140mm+ 29”,27.5+, 26” and 27.5” forks.
RS 35mm Ramp Control Cartridge Model B
...will fit 2015 and newer Pike forks with "Boost" 15x110 axle spacing, all 2017 Pike forks, and all 2015 and newer Lyrik and Yari forks (regardless of axle spacing). Solo air models only. Recommended for 140mm+ 29”,27.5+, 26” and 27.5” forks.
RS 35mm Ramp Control Cartridge Model C
..will fit 2013-2016 Pike forks with 15x100 axle spacing. Solo air models only. Recommended for 120 and 130mm 29” and 120mm 26” and 27.5” forks. Solo air models only. Recommended for 120 and 130mm 29”/27.5+ and 26” and 120mm 27.5” forks.
RS 35mm Ramp Control Cartridge Model D
..will fit 2015 and newer Pike forks with “Boost” 15x110 axle spacing, all 2017 Pike forks, and all 2015 and newer Lyrik and Yari forks (regardless of axle spacing). Solo air models only. Recommended for 120 and 130mm 29”/27.5+ and 26” and 120mm 27.5” forks.
RS 32mm Ramp Control Cartridge Model E
..will fit 2013 and newer Reba, Revelation, and SID forks and 2014 and newer Rock Shox Bluto forks. Solo air models only. Recommended for 100-140mm 29”, 27.5+, 27.5”, 26”, and Fat forks.
FURTHER COMPATIBILITY INFO:
- If you are unsure about which model to choose for your fork, consult this page for further help with identification.
- Maximum high-speed ending-stroke effect roughly equal to 4 standard Bottomless Tokens.
- Cartridges are incompatible with Vorsprung Suspension's Luftkappe in 160mm Pike, and 170 and 180mm Lyrik and Yari forks.
- All cartridges are incompatible with Pike DJ forks.
- Following installation, all users should check for appropriate mechanical bottom-out before hitting the trail.
NEW Fox 34, Version A
...will fit 2016 and newer Fox 34 Float forks with the FIT 4 and Grip dampers.
FURTHER COMPATIBILITY INFO:
- Maximum high-speed ending-stroke effect roughly equal to 4.5 standard Fox volume spacers.
- Cartridges are incompatible with TALAS forks.
- You can check the model year and make of your Fox fork here.
Ramp Control Effect vs. Tokens in Rock Shox Forks
Ramp Control Compatibility Matrix
CUSTOM TUNE ON THE TRAIL
Inarguably, convenience is one of the biggest benefits of the Ramp Control cartridge versus internally-accessed volume adjustment components. Internally-accessed spacers aren’t friendly to on-trail experimentation and tuning - requiring bulky tools and a clean environment to utilize. With Ramp Control, experimentation is so simple it’s encouraged! The powerful range of Ramp Control is harnessed through a simple 16-position knob with clearly defined detents. That enables you to arrive at your base setting in just one ride on a familiar trail, whereas internally-accessed spacers would necessitate a trial and error approach - several rides followed by garage or shop sessions - to get to the same point.
A BETTER WAY TO TUNE
The volume adjustment spacers used by competing brands change the shape of the air-spring’s curve throughout the entire travel range, regardless of velocity. Aside from the slight change resulting from the volume of the cartridge itself, the Ramp Control upgrade effects only the ending stoke spring curve - as its damping effect is velocity-dependent. This portion of the curve represents intense, sharp hits and big events, like landing a sizable drop or plowing through a rock garden. Without Ramp Control, your fork’s behavior in these circumstances has been compromised by your desired feel elsewhere in the stroke. With Ramp Control, you can tune the general feel of your fork through its air-pressure and damper settings, and isolate big-hit performance and bottom-out with the Ramp Control adjustment.
NO MORE COMPROMISES, TUNE TO THE TRAIL AT HAND
Unless you ride just one trail, the air-spring volume you’ve so carefully tuned with internally-accessed volume spacers is probably not ideal for all your adventures. A trip to the bike park might reveal, for example, that more support would be welcomed when the features and drops get bigger and trails get steeper than those found on your local go-to. If you have extra spacers and the necessary tools on hand, and don’t mind burning time that could otherwise be spent riding the lift-accessed terrain you just paid for, you could get the needed support. Or, in just seconds, you could add more Ramp Control and keep the good times going. Whether it’s a new-school flow trail or near vertical DH course, Ramp Control gives you immediate control of the terrain at hand - of particular benefit to time-crunched enduro fans tasked with practicing and racing multiple, varying stages.
* compatible with, but not recommended for Revelation 100 & 110
ª cartridges are compatible, but have minimal or no increased bottom-out resistance over stock configurations (generally not recommended except for extreme cases)
º cartridges are compatible, but add greatly to bottom-out resistance over stock configurations (generally not recommended except for extreme cases)